Race #3 of the Rocky Mountain Enduro Series travels to Steamboat Springs Colorado hosted by Enduro-X, September 9-10, 2017. Saturday racing will start with a shuttle ride to access 4 Stages in the back country. This will be 3-4 hours, covering 18 miles of racing and transfers, so bring what you need to keep your bike working and food and water for yourself. There will be one aide station on course. Racers will be shuttled back to Steamboat to check-in with Race Timing Control, located at the Steamboat Resort to receive your times for Day 1, get lunch and enjoy a cold one! These back country trails are newly permitted for the Enduro-X and have never been raced before!
Sunday September 10, will be three Stages with lift and pedal transfers at the Steamboat Bike Park and Forest Service trail system. The Steamboat Bike Park requires a full-face helmet for Stage 3 (you can rent one if needed). There will be an aide station at mid-mountain with food and water. Lunch and Awards will follow the morning of racing!
Our lodging partner, Mountain Resorts is offering an additional 10% off, use promo code ENDUROX17.
Pro Purse for Steamboat, Enduro-X for Men and Women:
1st $250, 2nd $200, 3rd $150, 4th $100, 5th $50
Look for the full schedule and race maps to be posted here, to this page on race week.
Friday September 8
- Registration: 1-6pm in plaza in front of Steamboat Ski & Bike Kare and lift ticket office.
- Practice Tickets: half-price lift tickets are available for registered racers on Friday for Practice. If you’re getting your ticket before Registration opens, have your IMathlete confirmation pulled up on your phone. The lift ticket office will also have a list of pre-registered racers. Note: the bike park is now open Friday-Sunday.
- Racer Meeting: 6pm at registration
Day 1 – Saturday September 9
- Late racer check-in: 6:45-7:15am
- Bike load starts at 7am
- Shuttle Depart at 7:30am. It is a 45 minute shuttle ride.
- Estimated Times (race stage and transfer): Stage 1, 45 minutes. Shuttle to Stage 2, 20 minutes. Stage 2-5: 3-3.5 hours.
- U14 and Groms will not race Stage 1.
Note: Stage 1 will be raced blind.
Lunch and Timing check-in: you will be shuttled back to Registration to check-in your race times, and get BBQ lunch. Lunch is served from 2-5pm.
Day 2 Sunday September 10
- Gondola load time is 8am
- Stage 8 Practice: 8-9am
- Race Start: 9am
- Final Timing check-in and Awards 2pm at Slopeside Grill
Note: Stage 8 is Full-face helmet, mandatory.
Collegiate Racers: Registration is Friday, 1-6pm, and Saturday 3-5pm.
Your Super-D is Stage 7. You will follow the Enduro race. Your start time is 12:15pm
Race Contact info:
Want to Volunteer? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org